Hit the Niagara Wine Trail for the annual “Taste of the Trail”, the wine and local food-pairing event running April 11-13! Samples from local food vendors, or the wineries’ own favorite creations, will be paired with three wines at each location. Tickets include a food sample, a tasting of three wines, and a commemorative wine glass from the first winery.
The popular event has been divided into two weekends with half of the wineries participating on each weekend. The Single Weekend price will be $20 advance or $25 at the door. The event runs each weekend Noon-5pm on Friday and Sunday, and from- 10am – 5pm on Saturday.
April 11–13 Participating Wineries:
▪ A Gust of Sun Winery – Creamy, vegetarian carrot soup, infused with Sweet Westies White wine
▪ Arrowhead Spring Vineyards
▪ Eveningside Vineyards – Chocolate Brownies paired with red wines
▪ Flight of Five Winery – Lock 68 wine paired with Pesto Chicken Sliders (a vegetarian option will be available)
▪ Freedom Run Winery – Choose a sample of one of our Bistro’s flat breads paired with a wine: Sun-dried Tomato Pesto with Chardonnay; Sautéed green & Sun-dried tomato with Pinot Noir; Chicken Bacon ranch with Cabernet Franc; Buffalo Chicken with Gewurztraminer.
▪ Honeymoon Trail Winery – Food samples provided by the Wine Trail Italian Bistro
▪ Long Cliff Winery – Pinot Noir paired with a mixed vegetable side dish from Garlock’s Restaurant, Lockport
▪ Midnight Run Wine Cellars – Coconut curry chicken paired with Riesling
▪ Niagara Landing Wine Cellars – Assorted artisan and stuffed breads with a variety of dips that pair with any of our wines
▪ Victorianbourg Wine Estate – Food and wine pairings coming soon.
A complete list of parings, along with more information about the twenty wineries that make up the Niagara Wine Trail may be found online at http://niagarawinetrail.org/.